As a Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH), Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph addresses the needs of a small, but growing patient population who cannot be effectively treated in a conventional health-care setting. Our LTACH features 41 beds for patients varying in conditions — from those suffering with pre-existing conditions to those who are technology-dependent and require ongoing intensive nursing care. Rooms feature large doors, amenities for families and an on-site pharmacy.
The average length of a patient stay is longer than 25 days. Our patients are medically complex and require daily physician visits and hemodynamic monitoring. They have the benefit of access to trained critical care nurses, respiratory therapists, dietitians, social workers, dialysis technicians and physical, occupational and speech pathologists.
Our facility provides care for patients whose diagnoses include, but are not limited to:
- Respiratory failure requiring ventilator management
- Cardiopulmonary or cardiovascular diseases
- Respiratory disorders
- Post-surgical complications
- Wound care
- Infectious diseases
- Neurological conditions
- Musculoskeletal disease
- Cancer-related conditions
- Congestive heart failure
- Stroke or cerebral vascular accident
- Complex orthopedic conditions
- Multi-symptom disorders
- Nutritional therapy
The LTACH has eight specialty care beds for higher–observation/higher-acuity patients. The LTACH also has eight hard-wired telemetry beds and wireless telemetry capability for the remainder of the facility.
LTACH nursing staffing is as follows:
- Specialty care beds are staffed with registered nurses (RN).
- Telemetry and medical-surgical beds are staffed with a mixture of RNs, licensed practical nurses and patient care associates.
- Admissions and discharges are considered in daily staffing.
LTACH administration consists of an administrator, a director of nursing and an associate director of nursing. The LTACH consists of the following departments:
- Care management
- Social services
- Health information management
- All other services provided via vendor contract with Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph, Medical Center.
Do you have additional questions?
Please contact us by calling (816) 271-8181 or by email.