The Care at Home program at Mosaic Life Care brings primary care as well as disease and symptom management to you or your loved one’s own home. Through this program, our advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) partner with patients and family caregivers to manage medical, functional and social needs in the comfort of home.
Care at Home does not replace a patient’s current doctor. Rather, the nurse practitioner works with the patient’s primary care doctor to ensure the patient receives the best possible care.
How is the Care at Home Process Started?
Once the primary care doctor writes an order for Care at Home services, an advance practice registered nurse (APRN) will conduct a home visit and:
- Evaluate clinical status and home environment.
- Complete a thorough medication review and any discrepancies will be discussed with the primary care doctor for correction.
- Identify barriers to a patient’s ability to adhere to his or her treatment plan.
- Assess a patient’s ability for self-care and provide condition-specific education for patient and family caregivers.
- Screen for advanced-care-planning needs.
- Establish a home-based plan of care with other in-home service providers
Goals and Expectations of Care at Home
- Reduce preventable hospitalizations and readmissions.
- Reduce unnecessary emergency room visits.
- Reduce the cost of care for patients with multiple chronic conditions.
- Improve coordination of complex medical, social and functional care needs.
- Improve a patient’s quality of life, wellbeing and happiness.
What Conditions Make Care at Home the Right Choice?
As an alternative to an assisted living or long-term care facility, Care at Home can provide the ongoing medical, emotional and social support you or a loved one needs. Medical conditions that could make Care at Home the right choice include:
- Post-surgery care
- Cancer care including symptom management
- Cardiac care (congestive heart failure, post heart surgery, medicine management)
- Diabetic therapy and care
- Quadriplegic and paraplegic care
- Wound care
Choose Mosaic Life Care when you or a loved one needs world-class home care services.
To learn more about Care at Home, call (816) 271-7848.