Learn to manage your diabetes, so it doesn’t manage you.
Mosaic Life Care has several endocrinology centers that help patients in St. Joseph, MO, and the surrounding areas manage their diabetes. Working with your doctor, our team of registered nurses and dietitians will develop a diabetes treatment and management plan that will help you learn to control your diabetes and includes a wide range of options.
Diabetes is a complex disease that can have major health and lifestyle implications if it is not taken seriously and managed properly. At Mosaic Life Care, we are passionate about the health education of our patients. That’s why we provide diabetes management sessions that are available morning, afternoon and evening and cover the following areas:
- Diabetes overview – What is Diabetes?
- Self-monitoring blood glucose
- Healthy eating/meal planning
- Carbohydrate counting
- Physical activity
- Acute and chronic complications
- Goal setting/behavior change
- Problem solving/pattern management
- Coping and emotional aspects of diabetes
- Insulin pump initiation/education and continuous glucose monitoring support
- Hyperlipidemia education
- Weight management education
- Instruction on injection of medication
- Diabetes and pregnancy education and follow-up
- Pre-diabetes education
Diabetes Management Through Blood Sugar Control
Scientific research has proven that controlling your blood sugar levels can reduce the long term complications of diabetes. Helping you learn to control your blood sugar levels over the long term is what our diabetes program is all about.