Nephrology is all about kidney care and treating conditions that impact the functioning of this essential organs of the body. When your kidneys are healthy, you probably don’t think about them much – if at all. But when they’re not functioning properly it can have a big impact on your overall health.
Mosaic Life Care’s Nephrology center in St. Joseph, MO, seeks to improve the health and function of the kidneys. These very important organs perform many critical functions, including:
- Filtering waste from the blood and removing it as urine
- Balancing fluid content in the body
- Producing enzymes and hormones that manufacture red blood cells and help regulate blood pressure
- Activating vitamin D to aid in healthy bones
Continual Dedication to Your Satisfaction
Our focus starts and ends with providing you exceptional care. From your first consultation to the end of your kidney care therapy, we will do our best to help you return to the best possible health you can be.
Education and Resources
Helping you get the complete nephrology care and education you need to manage your condition is our goal in serving you.
We treat nearly all kidney-related diseases, including but not limited to:
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- Critical care nephrology
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Glomerular disease (glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney stones
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Renal parenchymal disease
- Hereditary kidney disease
Our board-certified physicians diagnose and treat many types of kidney disorders including common and rare disorders. We also offer inpatient and outpatient services focused on slowing the progression of kidney disease. Our multidisciplinary approach to kidney problems, ongoing patient education and support help patients manage their disease more effectively and maintain a healthy lifestyle. We work closely with primary care physicians to ensure you get the complete care and education you need to manage your condition.
- Kidney disease screening and diagnosis
- Hemodialysis (in-center and at home)
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Referral to urology when surgery is required
- Diabetes care
- Hypertension care
Renal replacement therapy is available for patients with chronic kidney failure. We provide comprehensive care, including:
- Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- 24-hour emergency dialysis services
- Home hemodialysis for eligible patients
- Pre-emptive kidney transplantation evaluation
- Educational programs for chronic kidney disease and dialysis patients and their families
We offer world-class care for patients needing kidney or pancreas transplants in St. Joseph, MO, and the surrounding area, including:
- Pre-transplant evaluation and care
- Long-term, post-transplant care
Mosaic Nephrology in St. Joseph is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment. This includes a microscope capable of running a urine microscopy, a test that can analyze cells urinary tract, blood cells, crystals, bacteria, parasites and cells from tumors. We also offer urine dipstick testing, which can detect the presence and level of certain substances in the urine.
What to Expect
From start to finish, we’re here to help make your visit and treatment as smooth as possible.
Where to Park
Nephrology is conveniently located away from the main medical center campus at 1009 W St Maartens Dr., Suite F.
Ample parking is available in front of our office, including handicap parking. The office is at ground level with no stairs.