Abra received both her bachelor’s and master’s of science in nursing degrees from the University of Missouri – Kansas City. Prior to working with neurology patients, she was a registered nurse in the Critical Care Unit.
“I take quite a bit of time with my patients. I like to get to know them. I think it’s important to know who their families are or even just a hobby they have so we can talk about that.”
Abra performs examinations, diagnoses and treats neurological conditions, orders lab work and radiological exams, prescribes medications and provides health information to patients. She also provides Botox® injections as a preventative treatment for chronic migraine sufferers.
Procedures and Diagnosis
Abra and the rest of our Neurology team treat the following conditions:
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Comprehensive Migraine and Headache Management
- Huntington's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s & other movement disorders
- For Parkinson’s patients, our neurologists may indicate a treatment called Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) therapy to address the movement symptoms of the disease, providing improved quality of life with fewer medications (and their associated side effects).
- Tardive Dyskinesia
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Abra and the rest of our Neurology team uses Botox® to treat the following conditions:
- Hemofacial Spasms
- Dystonia (including cervical and focal dystonia)
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
- Other approved uses
Education and Certifications
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (Family Nurse Practitioner)