When it’s possible, home is the best place to be when recovering from a medical condition or dealing with a chronic or terminal illness. That’s why we have created Home Care Services.
We’re dedicated to bringing compassion, expertise, respect and support to you or a loved one in the comfort of their own home, while decreasing the cost of care if hospitalization isn’t needed.
Let’s start by walking you through everything you need to know about how Mosaic's in–home care assistance works and what you can expect.
Community Nurse Line
Help is always available with the Mosaic Life Care Community Nurse Line. Our highly-trained nurses are ready to respond whenever you or your loved one needs it most.
Care at Home
The Care at Home program at Mosaic Life Care brings primary care as well as disease and symptom management to you or your loved one’s own home. Through this program, our advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) partner with patients and family caregivers to manage medical, functional and social needs in the comfort of home.
Mosaic Life Care’s Home Health service delivers a variety of specialized medical services to you or a loved one in the comfort of one’s own home. It is an ideal solution for homebound patients and it is a Medicare benefit.
Home Health does not replace a current provider. Rather, nurses and a care team will work with you or your loved one’s primary care doctor to ensure the best possible care is received.
Serious Illness Management (SIM)
When a person’s health and ability to function begin to decline due to an illness and treatments start to have less and less impact, SIM strives to preserve the best possible quality of life for the person suffering from a chronic illness.
Mosaic Life Care – Hospice is a coordinated program of health care which works under the direction of the patient’s attending physician to provide medical, psycho-social and spiritual care for patients and families coping with life threatening illness. Services are provided by a variety of trained individuals who are part of the Hospice expert team.
Care Management and Social Services
Care Management and Social Services resources are available for inpatient, outpatient as well as caregiver education.
When are Home Care Services appropriate?
In–Home Care Services may be appropriate if you or a loved one is:
- Has a chronic condition (e.g., heart failure, COPD, diabetes)
- Has had a severe injury requiring rehabilitation (e.g., stroke, loss of arm or leg, severe burns)
- Suffers from severe wounds (e.g., non-healing wounds, bed sores, have had an ostomy surgery)
- Is in the last stages of a terminal illness
How is the process started?
It’s important to note that In–Home Care Services do not replace your current doctor. The process of starting Home Care Service is simple:
- Your doctor may need to write an order for Home Care Services.
- You choose a home care provider.
- A nurse will visit your or your loved one’s home and conduct an interview to develop a plan based on:
- Discharge/doctor instructions
- Diagnosis and symptoms
- Conditions and other considerations
- The nurse will then get the plan approved with your doctor and share it with your care team.
- Your team will follow the plan and report progress/developments to your doctor.
How are the services covered?
When ordered by your doctor, Home Care Services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance plans. We will research your situation and work with you to determine your insurance coverage for Home Care Services.
Home Care Built on 40 Years of Excellence.
Accredited and award-winning for outstanding and compassionate care, our Home Care Services program has been serving the region for 40 years. Our team is made up of registered nurses, licensed therapists, qualified medical social workers and trained home care professionals.
In addition, we are the only organization to offer the following combination of services in the St. Joseph, MO, region:
- Certified wound care nursing
- Psychiatric home care
- Certified Lymphedema occupational therapists
- CHF and post surgery specialty care
- 24/7 nurse availability