The neurologist specialists at Mosaic Life Care diagnose and treat a variety of disorders that impact the nervous system. We offer these services at several neurology centers in and around St. Joseph, northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas.
Our neurologists work with patients of all age ranges, from infants to the elderly. Common diagnoses we treat include:
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Comprehensive Migraine and Headache Management
- Huntington's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s & other movement disorders
- For Parkinson’s patients, our neurologists may indicate a treatment called Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) therapy to address the movement symptoms of the disease, providing improved quality of life with fewer medications (and their associated side effects).
- Tardive Dyskinesia
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Our Neurology doctors and nurse practitioners provide the following treatments and procedures:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electromyography Nerve Conduction Velocity (EMG/NCV) – These are are electrodiagnostic tests that measure the electrical activity of muscles and nerves.
As part of the services we provide, all four of our doctors and nurse practitioners are certified to do Botox® injections as a method of treating the following conditions:
- Hemofacial Spasms
- Dystonia (including cervical and focal dystonia)
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
- Other approved uses