Your digestive health is essential to living a happy and full life. As a gastroenterology clinic, Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph, MO, specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating digestive tract and liver disorders. This can include a wide range of conditions involving the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon.
Our gastroenterologists treat nearly all digestive tract conditions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Celiac disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Gastrointestinal, liver, pancreatic and colorectal cancers
Our board-certified physicians diagnose and treat many types of gastrological disorders – both common and rare. We use the latest technology to identify, evaluate and treat your ailment. This includes techniques such as:
- EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy) to examine the lining esophagus, stomach, and first part of the small intestine (the duodenum).
- Routine colonoscopy to detect abnormalities in the large intestine (colon) and rectum
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) to diagnose diseases of the gallbladder, biliary system, pancreas, and liver
- Specialized procedures such as liver biopsy utilizing ultrasound technology
- EVIS EXERA III CV-190, a high-tech video center that enables video processing for advanced endoscopy.
From start to finish, we’re here to help make your visit and treatment as smooth as possible.
Download Mosaic Colonoscopy Prep Instructions
Colonsocopy Prep Instructions
Day Prior to Procedure
CLEAR LIQUIDS ONLY, ALL DAY, ABSOLUTELY NO SOLID FOOD, not even a “light” breakfast. Start clear liquids — no red or purple products.
- Water, tea, coffee, soda, clear juices (apple or white grape), gatorade, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, popsicles and broth.
If you are diabetic, only take half a dose of long-acting insulin if taking at night the day before the procedure.
- 2 p.m. day prior to scheduled procedure: take 3 tabs Dulcolax (5 mg each)
- 5 p.m. day prior to scheduled procedure: take 8 (8 oz.) glasses of Golightly/Nulytely. Drink 1 glass every 20 minutes.
- Nothing by mouth (NPO) after midnight the day prior (including gum, hard candies or tobacco products of any kind).
Day of Procedure
- 2 a.m. day of procedure: take 8 (8 oz.) glasses of Golightly/Nulytely. 1 glass every 20 mins.
- Please take: blood pressure, heart, seizure, pain and anxiety medications with a small sip of water.
- All other medications will wait until after you get home:
- No diabetic medication the morning of the procedure.
- No gum, hard candy or chewing tobacco (smoking not recommended).
What to Bring With You on the Day of the Procedure
- Bring your driver – it is necessary to have someone with you to drive home. They will be required to check in with you.
- Bring your driver’s license or photo ID and insurance cards.
If you are unable to complete your procedure, you are required to let us know 3 days in advance.
The most convenient parking location for the Mosaic Gastroenterology Clinic is in the Plaza 1 parking lot.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at (816) 271-7074.